The experienced Student Adviser Team offers professional and friendly help and advice on all aspects of studying your chosen course from home. We are available from 9am-7.45pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am-4.45pm on Fridays. We also offer help via the website with frequently asked questions (FAQs). You will also find information on course prices, examination procedures and how to study at home on our student information webpages.
The team is able to discuss, and offer advice on, a wide variety of queries that students new to distance learning may have, including:
- THE CHOICE OF COURSES appropriate to a student’s needs and prior level of study, taking into consideration any previous qualifications
- HOW STUDYING WITH OOL WORKS in practice, particularly concerning the structure of the course materials, expected study hours and timetabling, tutor support by telephone and email, and submitting assignments
- HOW TO BOOK EXAMS and submit coursework, including finding an exam centre and filling in exam forms
- PAYMENT OPTIONS for the course materials, including any extra costs with regard to exams and textbooks, and the easy-payment option of paying by instalments
- ON-GOING SUPPORT and advice is on hand by telephone and email at any time throughout the study programme to help with any concerns or administrative queries that students may have. The team will do all they can to ensure the smooth running of the courses and make learning from home a positive and rewarding experience.